Remember a while ago I told you all about a tea party that we were holding at work to raise money for the cancer council? Well we raised $380. Pretty good hey?
The above photo was all the teapots we collected to make a display with. We really did have some amazing ones.
We had a tea tasting booth where you got to try all the different teas and write down as many as you recognised. It was harder than it first sounded and I don't think I would do that again. Especially with dementia clients.Fun though.
These were all the teacups and saucers we could find around the place. I think tea tastes much nicer from a teacup.
Here is an overall picture of the display. We had a lot of fun decorating the room.
Here is a small section of the room. We had 12 people RSVP and all these people turned up. We were pulling tables out and running around finding food and chairs and it was a tad chaotic for a time. But worth it in the end.
Here was the special guest of honor my Charli girl. She so desperately wanted to come to the party that I couldn't resist. She had the best time. The oldies loved her. She loved them too.
Now onto today's function. It was Marie Antoinette Theme. Every group had to decorate a table and come dressed in the theme. Here are my groups efforts. I was really happy with them. We got runner up prize. A six pack of Crown beer. Now I am not a beer drinker, didn't thrill me, but my clients were thrilled.
This picture is of the chandelier that we made to hang above our dining room table. The ladies loved beading all the beads on it. In fact they spent a whole day just loving it. We didn't take this down to the event. But enjoyed having it in our room. So pretty don't you think?
Here is a kind of photo of our table. I didn't really get one of the table it looked so gorgeous.
This photo is a bit better but not really focussed on the table.
This goregous talented man dressed up as Marie's husband. What was his name again? And he was the emcee for the function. He also made us the most beautiful candelabra, hand carved out of wood and then covered in gold card as the centerpiece of our table. He has so much talent. He sings, dances, paints, sculpts blah blah blah. Now I only show this photo because he is so heavily disguised.
For our decorations we made these lovely eye masks. We sequined and hot glue gunned and perfected to our hearts desire. Added a chopstick to one side and whala. One beautiful eye mask.
The next two are clients who also had the headpieces we made. We got some toilet rolls, spray painted them gold. Attached them to a headband and went to town with the feathers, sequins and hot glue guns again. They are suppose to be like the big rolls of hair the women wore back then. I thought they were groovy. Ours had birds in them, chess sets, white roses(Sadly that one, was my fave but a lady dropped it as soon as we got there and it broke into pieces)
This is me with my gear on. Loving the orange.
And my co worker Sue who totally got into the day as you can see and looked absolutely splendid. It was a fun time
Tomorrow is the Blue Lagoon Day and then thankfully we are finished for another year. Will let you know how that go's in my next post.
6 comments:
Awesome! Love the toilet paper rollers! Great idea! Charli is getting so big.
What fun! Great ideas. I'm so glad you posted this. You guys know how to throw a party!
Hi there.
Neat post.
I'm checking in to see if you are interested in doing the Comment Challenge next month.
Stop by my site and check out the poll or leave me a comment.
Thanks!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/
I believe everyone had lots of fun in the tea party and what a good cause for a tea party. How many teas were you able to guess right from the tasting booth?
And your Charli girl is simply adorable; it isn't hard to know why the oldies loved her. :)
Love the pictures! Stopping by from Harriet's comment challenge to say hi.
Hi there.
I just wanted to thank you for participating in the July Comment Challenge. Be sure to stop by sitedandblogged.com this weekend and enter how many comments you have made for the weekend to see if we can hit 1000 as a group.
thanks!
Harriet
Post a Comment