Townville is up the right hand side of Australia near the top. And it is so so beautiful. Tropical. Balmy. 25 degrees during the day and that is in winter. Just gorgeous.
We went to visit a church up there that is run a bit differently. They have just brought an old night club and done it up to use as a church. It is a massive massive building. It has a functioning cafe and everything in it. Every floor or room has it's own sound system and bar. Not that that would be a great use for a church. Plus it has its own dance floor. It really was an amazing amazing place.
We spent Three days up there. Looking around. Meeting the people at the church. Eating A LOT. We went to this amazing Turkish restaurant. The food was SOOOOOOO good but very very expensive. Luckily it was their shout. This is what I had.

From our hotel balcony we got to watch the speed boat races. At one stage there was a Red Baron little seaplane racing the boat to see who was faster. The plane won.
There was also a vintage car parade which we accidentally ended up in. The woman driving us back to the hotel turned left into the middle of the parade. The cars were so cool. Took me back to my childhood. We were in a 2009 Statesmen but I still waved at the crowds. LOL.
I used to get picked up for Sunday School in a car like this one.
My mother in law came up from Tasmania (see the map look right at the island on the bottom) to watch the kids for us. That was great. She cleaned the house for me and had everything perfect when we came home. Sadly it didn't last after she left. I think I could be such a good housekeeper if only I had a cleaner that wasn't me.
So we got back on Monday and back to work on Tuesday. My co worker hasn't been well so I have been flying solo at work for the last two weeks. It has gone ok though.
And a shout out to my sisters. Alison and Stephanie have their birthday on Sunday. I can't believe how grown up they are getting.
This is Steph. She turns 18. She is in Year 12 at school. Likes being on the computer, having coffee with friends and shopping.

This is Al. She turns 20. 2nd year Psychology at uni. Loves Rovers or rangers or something scout like that. Loves all outdoor things like camping, hiking, abseiling, things that are really beyond me.

And that is my week in a nutshell.
So how was yours?
3 comments:
Wow! You have had a busy week. Sounds like fun though. That Turkish dish is making me drool!
sounds good are you looking to move to townsville?
No we aren't moving to Townsville just went to check out the church and have an anniversary weekend.
Post a Comment