Saturday, June 13, 2009

Bento boxes and Monday Muffin Tins

I have just discovered these and have been inspired to make some for the kids to take to school and for me to take to work. I think they are just so cute and that the kids will like the idea of it and possibly eat their lunches. Well I did say possibly.

Aren't they so nice looking? My kids wouldn't eat all that stuff in them but if I find stuff that they like I could be onto a good thing.

I have also been reminded of Monday Muffin Tin challenge. Now Mondays don't work for me but I think the kids would enjoy a muffin tin lunch and it is a good way for them to try some new foods. There are women all over the world that join in the fun each way and make a themed muffin tin for their kids to enjoy. The link for Muffin Tin Monday is on my sidebar if you are interested.



It reminds me of when I was younger. I would come home for lunch, grab a plate, put a bit of meat on it. Cut some carrot, cucumber. Get a pickled onion. Some lettuce. Cut up some apple. An orange. Really anything that was in the fridge that took my fancy. And then go and sit in the sun and eat it all. I have never really liked sandwiches so this was a good option for me.

Yum yum yum. I will keep you updated with what I create for my kids and myself. My hubby works from home so he doesn't need a lunchbox.

5 comments:

Melissa Goodsell said...

Yes, I really love the muffin pan lunches, they always look so inviting! I need a new muffin tin to do this though - mine is scratched and discoloured! LOL

Stacie said...

I never thought about the muffin pan lunches. That's a good idea!

Stacie said...

I really like stopping by your blog to read it so I am awarding you two awards you can pick them up at my blog shortly!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

How fun! Great ideas. I'm going to try the muffin pan idea soon. Thanks for sharing!

Daisy said...

lol that's a fun way of using the muffin tray!

Passing by from June Comments challenge...


;-)
~Daisy
http://inlovewithdaisies.blogspot.com/