Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thursday 13

Okay I have to pick 13 things and make them sound interesting, inventive and amusing. But honestly I have nothing. I know, how about 13 things I did at work this week?

1. Was told to drop dead by one client.


2. Made endless cups of tea and coffee.
3. Went shopping for some gorgeous curtain material.
4. Decorated our room Marie Antoinette Style with full on gold candelabras, gold picture frames, wonderful curtains, made a fabulous chandelier. It looks very very gold. This was for a festival we have next week in the village.


5. I used toilet rolls and glued them all together onto a headband. Spray painted them gold. To use as the curly curly up do styles that the ladies wore then.

6. We have cut out and glued and sequined and feathered some gorgeous eye masks that will also be part of our costume.



7. For three dollars we got these so cute grass skirts and tops for our clients to wear on blue Lagoon day. The top is actually two fishys that cover your breasts. They look classic on the clients. Oh we wear clothes under them.

8. I repeated myself at least 50 times in 10 minutes to a lady that was worried that she should be getting home and reassured her that she was in the right place,
9. We made seaweed out of this floaty green material and then glued gold sparkles all over it and then hung them up to look like a floaty underwater world, complete with homemade clam shells, fish and a mermaid. Very pretty. Very tactile, the clients enjoyed touching it all, sometimes too much if you know what I mean.

10. We waited an hour and a half for a Doctors Appt for one of my clients only to discover that he hadn't even shown up yet. Man I knew I should have been a doctor. Except that I don't do bodily fluids of any sort.

11. Debated for ages what we are going to do for our talent item in the talent show. The theme is time. Don't forget we have major older people that limits what we can do. We really need to think of something though. Any ideas?
12. Sang songs, laughed, talked about all kinds of things and genuienly enjoyed myself.
13. Now this week we had a public holiday so I didn't work Monday. Which was nice. But that means I spent only 6 hours in the car driving to and from work. It would normally be 8. Wow that is a lot.

3 comments:

Over The Top aprons said...

That is a wide range lists. Stopping by for the June Challenge.

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Stopping in from the Comment Challenge to say hello :)

Leigh said...

I think your job sounds much more fun than most!