Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Party girl is home


I went to my sisters 18th birthday party last night. I helped my mum blow up the balloons and hang the photos on the walls. Rushed home got changed and drove the party girl and her friends to the party. Chopped up cabanosi, cheese, handed out dips and chips. Drove a boy to Casula to get some lights for the party atmosphere and then stood outside all night near the fires they had going to keep warm. It was alarming to me to see how drunk some of the kids got. They were all 18 but still. I felt so vulnerable watching the girls who could barely walk or stand on their own and grossed out by the boy who spewed in the bush. Mum cleaned that one up. It was also alarming to me to realise that when these kids were born I was 19 years old already. LOL.

That I stood outside because the music was too loud and drove me crazy and that I was ready to go home at 9PM but didn't actually get into bed until 3.20 AM. Thats right AM. I was so tired this morning, in fact all day I have been moving like a sloth. Late nights aren't as much fun anymore, why is that?

And the DJ continually played Michael Jackson songs. Over and over. One cool thing was all the kids were on the dance floor doing the Thriller Dance.
Mum and I had a little groove together in the kitchen but after a time even in there it was too loud.

But we did look so so cool.


At least I felt cool until a young pup came up to me and said that he wanted to introduce himeself to Stephs mum. I looked around to find mum and then realised he was holding his hand out to me.!!!!!!!!!!!
Talk about a confidence shaker. I never experienced a party like this when I was a teen and I am glad that I only experienced it visually as an adult. I feel happy that I can have fun and a good time without getting blotto.

1 comment:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

That was quite an eye opening experience for you. I never was into the party scene. I went to one party, promised my parents I wouldn't get drunk and actually followed through on my promise. It was a gift from God because I watched all my friends getting drunk and all the guys trying to get "things" from them. That was when I realized the party scene wasn't for me. You can have a lot of clean fun when you're sober.